There are so many great blogs out there, I feel that my blog gets lost out there in the world of bloggers, but I need to get some things off of my chest, so whether anybody reads it or not, I will feel better.
Being a Rangers fan is very frustrating. Not being a bandwagon jumper, I support all of my local teams. I stick with them through the good and the bad. Here in the DFW area (Arlington), things for our sports teams have been going bad, a lot lately. But I am behind all of them 100%. Have been since 1971, when I was 10 years old. So I have seen a lot of good, and some Championships, well from the Cowboys and Stars anyway. The Mavs are close and I am hanging in there with the Rangers. That being the case, does not mean, I have to like everything they do, or like all of the moves they make.
Here are some things that have been on my chest the past couple of months, that I am ready to get off.
1. Sorry, but even for a Michael Young, it is still all about the money. That or he is a lousy predictor of how a baseball team will do. (I really think it is the money!!). He stated he would sign with the Rangers long term, if he liked the direction the team was going, and they would be winners. Hey Mike, that direction is down. I like you as a player, but this team is lousy.
2. I said it when they signed Young. Tex is gone. Yes, Michael is popular, but I would have liked the Rangers to spend 80 mil on a power hitter and gold glove fielder. Will Mayberry be ready next year, or could they convert Botts (who is a hack in the OF). Oh wait, we do have Matt Kata.
3. Rudy J. is lauded for being the best hitting coach in the league, and the numbers are there to prove it. (In years past, anyway). So when is Mark Conner going to get ripped for this awful pitching. It has been terrible for years. A starting staff with an ERA of 6 +. Come on that is awful. Millwood led the AL in ERA, the year before he signed with the Rangers. What has happened to him? I say fire Conner now. Whoever came in now to replace him, couldnt do any worse.
4. Vicente Padilla needs to give us a refund. He is awful. I am not saying he is going out there, pitching terrible on purpose, but last year, was a contract year. He pitched his butt off and got his millions. I say his sub-concious took over. Is he really working out, studing batters, etc. like he did last year?
5. I understand a mgr., needs to be positive. But when you have the worst or second worst record in the league, just tell us one time, your team is terrible, but you are going to do everything you can to turn it around. Not, we played better in May, then you did in April, when you had a worse winning percentage in May. Yes, the offense has been hitting better. (Tex, but anybody else) but overall, your team is not better.
6. Can we not get behind in the 1st inning, PLEASE.
7. Anybody else excited that Jamey Wright, and John Rheinecker are re-habbing and almost healthy. Yes, that was sarcastic.
Well thats it for now, I am sure I will remember more in the near future.
It’s good to be back..
p.s. Of all of my favorites, Victor Rojas blog is the best. Check it out. being a brodcaster for the Rangers, he gives some good insight, with no sugar-coating. Plus every now and then he has some nice pictures.